Perform – Industry 4.0 demonstrator
Combining industry 4.0 technologies into one device!
Perform demonstrator: Combining industry 4.0 technologies into one device! [EIT Success story 2020]
While there are different training devices available for individual manufacturing technologies, such as 3D printing or augmented reality (AR), there has not been a demonstrator that combines these digital technologies to provide a single, multipurpose educational tool. This new tool offers more realistic training, as a number of different digital technologies are generally combined in advanced manufacturing operations in the real world.
How does this show the EIT Knowledge triangle in action?
The project was developed by a diverse consortium involving academic and industrial partners:
• Demonstrator design and fabrication: University College Dublin, Ireland
• Industry engagement and Industry 4 delivery: Mondragon, Spain
• Wire additive manufacturing: Lortek, Spain
• Digital Twin: Aalto University, Finland
• Augmented reality: University of Patras and LMS, Greece