Discover Vienna: Manufacturing Edition 2023
powered by EIT Manufacturing East
Call for scaleups: Discover the industry ecosystem in the city
Deadline extended! Apply by 13 April 2023, 12:00CEST
Following the success of the first editions of the Discover Vienna: Manufacturing Edition programme in November 2021 and May 2022, EIT Manufacturing East is again teaming up with the Vienna Business Agency (VBA) to organise for the third time the Discover Vienna: Manufacturing Edition programme during the ViennaUP’23 festival – the largest decentralized startup festival in Central Europe.
“Discover Vienna: Manufacturing Edition” is an initiative that supports thriving scaleups that provide European technologies and solutions for the manufacturing sector.
What’s in it for you?
- Two months of mentoring and coaching support with focus on business development provided by EIT Manufacturing East;
- Intensive access-to-market programme to get acquainted with the dynamics in the Austrian and Viennese markets provided by the Vienna Business Agency and EIT Manufacturing East;
- Deep dive sessions and introductions to leading Austrian industrial corporates;
- Participation in leading networking events – “aws Connect Day” and “Manufacturing Day”
- Visibility and international publicity;
- Access to the fast track to EIT Manufacturing’s business creation services and deal flow for funding of up to 400,000 Euro.
- Company should not be older than 8 years;
- Company must be incorporated in a European Union member state (EU27) or in a country that is associated with Horizon Europe;
- Companies incorporated in any of the following countries will be prioritised: Austria, Croatia, Czechia, Hungary, Serbia, Slovakia, and Slovenia;
- Submissions need to fit one of the EIT Manufacturing flagship areas;
- Applicants have to prove revenue traction (existing reference customers);
- The go-to-market strategy (incl. financial aspects) shall be disclosed.
How can I participate?
Submissions will be accepted from the opening of the call until the newly extended deadline on 13 April 2023 at 23:59 CEST.
Apply by 13 April 2023!
Explore the Austrian manufacturing & start-up ecosystem!
For any questions, please reach out to:
This is what previous participants have to say
“Discover Vienna” is one of those rare chances when someone is really interested in helping you develop your business. The programme is an excellent opportunity to grow your business outside of your home market by finding customers, partners, or investors, not just from Austria, but across the region. The agenda is busy with networking events with corporate and start-up companies, presentations of all relevant Austrian public authorities that support innovation and business creation, meeting with potential investors and last, but not least training courses. Another useful asset is that after the programme is done, your company becomes an EIT Manufacturing alumni. I highly recommend “Discover Vienna”!”Svetoslav Vasilev, CEO of SIVIKO
“Discover Vienna: Manufacturing Edition 2022 motivated us to speed up the development of our company. It was amazing to meet other start-ups and share our experience in product development, certification process, go-to-market strategy etc. We made connections to great people not only during the Discover Vienna: Manufacturing Edition program but also at the other ViennaUP’22 events, which together made a really full and inspiring program. The highlight for us was the Manufacturing Day with clear focus and many valuable insights into the hardware start-up world.”Megi Mejdrechova, Co-founder and CTO of RoboTwin s.r.o.