Cross-KIC Human Capital: Joining forces to accelerate learning
The Human Capital project brings together seven EIT Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs): EIT Manufacturing, EIT Climate KIC, EIT Digital, EIT Food, EIT Health, EIT InnoEnergy and EIT Urban Mobility. The goal: to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing across the EIT KICs within the education and learning domains.
In 2021, project activities are mainly related to the Digital Education Action Plan, European Skills Agenda and The Green Deal.
Human Capital Project – actions
- Develop new innovative tools and methods for the teaching and learning experience.
- Ensure that the EIT brand remains at the forefront of educational excellence.
- Develop activities with a commercial offering for all KICs.
- Organise a number of community activities and events to provide a platform for dialogue and co-creation around the topics of skills development and digital education.
In 2021, EIT Manufacturing is participating in the following concrete Human Capital related activities and events:
– Organisation of the DigiEduHack 2021 as part of the cooperation with EIT Climate and DG EAC.
– Keynote and master class for the Cross-KIC Educators Conference led by EIT Food in 2021.
– Further development of the Skill Charge platform introduced by EIT InnoEnergy.
– Creation of the RedVile Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality online tool
– Coordination of the four VR pilots, led by EIT Manufacturing, EIT Digital and EIT Food, with the aim of redefining virtual learning experiences and developing pedagogical methodologies for VR/AR training. The EIT Manufacturing pilot is managed by a consortium of INESC TEC, BIBA and TUDelft. The three partners have been using demonstrations of VR/AR solutions installed in their industrial labs to provide advanced training to companies of several industrial sectors, such as machinery, automotive, aeronautics, etc. INESC TEC typically applies the knowledge and results generated as part of its research in technology transfer projects, seeking value creation and immediate social relevance. Based on distinct fundamental research, BIBA carries out applied and contract research, both on the national and international level, in the areas of production and logistics.
The 2021 cooperation of EIT Manufacturing and INESC TEC bears the fruits in the form of the VR/AR recommendation tool available for the educators and companies to better identify the right tools for the VR/AR training. We disseminated our first use cases in the form of guidelines. Check out Immersive Training platform and stay tuned for more interesting content in 2022.
This activity has been delivered as part part of the Cross-KIC Human Capital project. EIT Manufacturing consortium made of INESC TEC, TU DELFT, BIBA in the collaboration with the partners of EIT Digital (TU/e), EIT Food (Matis), EIT InnoEnergy (KU Leuven) redefined virtual reality teaching experience via 4 VR/AR pilots. In 2022 platform will become a marketplace with the VR/AR technology vendors, solution providers and many interesting interactions with the stakeholders.
For more information follow www.immersivetraining.eu
In the medium-term, the Human Capital project is also developing a joint body of knowledge and content for re-use and repurposing across the EIT Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs).