Start:up Slovenia is an independent open platform of the Slovene startup ecosystem that supports innovative entrepreneurship and is the contact, coordinator and promoter of the stakeholder network of the Slovene startup ecosystem in Slovenia and abroad. This includes startups, investors, supportive environments, entrepreneurial experts and enthusiasts, both individuals and organizations, who are changing Slovenia for the better with their activities in the startup ecosystem.
Start:up Slovenia is passionate, dedicated and focused on informing, promoting, inspiring, connecting, collaborating and changing, thus paving the way for entrepreneurship to become integral in Slovenian society.
Initiated in 2004, the Start:up Slovenia initiative is overseen by the Venture Factory, and has long-standing collaborations with the Slovene Enterprise Fund and the Ministry of Economy, Tourism, and Sport. The startup ecosystem, together with numerous public and private collaborators, enthusiastically engage in the initiative’s efforts.
- Slovenian startup database, with nearly 350 startups, is the most extensive source for Slovenian startups.
- Podim Conference – Start:up Slovenia, represented by Venture Factory, runs Podim Conference since 2001 which has evolved into the most influential startup & tech event in the CEE region, where innovation meets business opportunities and capital, as well as knowledge and experience. It is a key regional platform for enabling learning and networking in the most valuable and time-efficient way.
- European Startup Network: Start:up Slovenia run by Venture Factory is a member of European Startup Network which connects 31 national startup associations from across Europe. ESN unifies national startup associations to create a common voice for European startups so that more can start, scale, and succeed in Europe.
- Startup Europe Networks – Start:up Slovenia run by Venture Factory is the co-founder and the Slovenian member of the Network that is connecting 13 startup ecoysytems in CEE and Western Balkans.
- The European Startup Nations Alliance (ESNA). Start:up Slovenia run by Venture Factory, becomes an associate of ESNA, representing Slovenia.