Supporting the industry from research to market application!
On October 27 2021, The European Factories of the Future Research Association (EFFRA) and EIT Manufacturing signed a cooperation agreement to support the Eurepean industry from research to market application.
The collaboration between the two entities aims at furthering strengtening Europe’s industry. The goals of EFFRA The European Factories of the Future Research Association and EIT Manufacturing are closely aligned, and both share the objective to combine efforts to support industry stakeholders effectively, and extend it across the entire project cycle and beyond.
Why a cooperation agreement?
The cooperation agreement will enable a future synergies between the ‘Made in Europe’ (Pillar 2) Programme and EIT Manufacturing (Pillar 3) accelerating the potential for market exploitation of research and innovation activities, while maximising their economic and societal impact.
The first results of the cooperation is already visible in the form of the joint INNOVATE TOGETHER call. The activities chosen through this call will will start on the 1st of January 2022, focuses on innovation activities to accelerate the market deployment in Europe.
Read more in the Press Release.
In the photo from right to left:
- Peter Dröll, Director – Directorate-General for Research and Innovation (RTD)
- Dimitris Mavrikios, EIT Manufacturing, Chief Operations Officer (COO)
- Herman Derache, EFFRA, Vice-Chairman & Treasurer
- Riikka Virkkunen, EFFRA member of Board of Directors
- Željko Pazin, EFFRA Executive Director
- Anne Marie Sassen, Acting Head of Unit Directorate-General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology (DGNECT.A.4)
- Antoaneta Angelova-Krasteva Director – Directorate-General for Education, Youth, Sport and Culture
- Marijke Declerck DGEAC
- Klaus Beetz, EIT Manufacturing, Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Joaquim Menezes, EFFRA Chairman
- Konstantinos Georgoulias, EIT Manufacturing, Director of Regional Innovation Scheme (RIS) and EU Affairs
- Cristina Carneiro, EIT Manufacturing, Communication Director