A pan-European Open Innovation Competition for Startups and Scaleups: BoostUp! Bridge 2022
Apply by 23 November 2022, 23:59 CET
BoostUp! Bridge 2022 is a pan-European innovation competition of solutions to relevant industrial challenges. The most innovative and impactful technology integration projects, i.e. the establishment of a solid and reliable bridge between technology innovators and markets will be awarded.
The competition is specifically targeting startups with solutions that fall within one of EIT Manufacturing’s flagships:
- Flexible Production Systems for Competitive Manufacturing
- Low Environmental Footprint Systems & Circular Economy for Green Manufacturing
- Digital & Collaborative Solutions for Innovative Manufacturing Ecosystems
- Human-machine co-working for socially sustainable manufacturing
What’s in it for you?
- 30,000 EUR cash prize for implementation of PoC at the end user to accelerate the solution scaling
- 6 months tailored EIT Manufacturing support providing access to market and finance support
- Access to EIT Manufacturing’s pan-European partner network
- International visibility and publicity through EIT Manufacturing’s channels
Who can participate?
The BoostUp! Bridge 2022 competition is open to startups or to teams of startups which have engaged with end user(s) in deploying their solutions (pilot or POC project) to address specific market needs.
To participate, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Your solution must be at Technology Readiness Level 7 or higher
- Your solution must fall under one or more of the four EIT Manufacturing thematic areas listed above
- Your headquarters must be located in any Horizon Europe associated country at the time of application to the competition
- Your team must consist of at least two or more full-time equivalent employees
- You have achieved revenues from commercial activities since your company has been legally established
- By the deadline for project submissions, the end user has disclosed the main elements of the challenge/need to the EIT Manufacturing Business Creation team and have allocated adequate resources (in-kind or financial) to implement a Proof of Concept (POC) with the winner. The startup has been selected through the established EIT Manufacturing Business Creation scouting and screening process of solution providers.
How does the competition work?
Submit your application through our online application form, providing basic information about your startup, your solution, and details of the use case project (pilot/POC) planned with the end user. A Project Confirmation Letter signed by your end user must be submitted as part of your application. You can download the template below.
All received applications will be selected and evaluated in two phases:
(1) Our team will check the eligibility of all received applications. Eligible startups will be invited to live pitch at the BoostUp! Bridge 2022 Final Event. Applicants will be informed of their selection on the 24 November 2022.
(2) Finalists will live pitch in front of an independent external expert jury at the BoostUp! Bridge 2022 Final Event. Each team has five minutes for pitching and five minutes for Q&A. Up to 5 winners will be awarded and receive cash and support prizes as listed above.
All information about the BoostUp! Bridge 2022 competition is available for download below in the Terms & Conditions document.
The BoostUp! Bridge 2022 Final Event will take place on Tuesday, 6 December 2022 in Vienna, Austria. Finalists might be provided with up to 1,000 EUR to cover the travel and accomodation cost in Vienna, upon decision of the organizer.
Submit your application to BoostUp! Bridge 2022
Application deadline: 23 November 2022, 23:59 CET