Enhance New European Bauhaus Call to Scale-up the Connect NEB and Co-create NEB projects

Applications are open until 12 April 2024, 17:00 CET

The EIT Community NEB partners are invited to scale up Connect NEB and Co-create NEB projects that were previously funded by the EIT Community and implemented during 2022 and 2023.

Who can apply?

This Enhance NEB Call is addressed to EIT Community NEB partners that implemented Connect NEB and CoCreate NEB projects during 2022 and 2023, and have not been yet awarded by the previous edition of Enhance NEB Call launched in 2023.

All proposals must be made up of a minimum of two and a maximum of four entities from the EIT Community NEB partners listed in Annex 1. At least one of them must be a city, region, or affiliated entity associated with a city or region from EIT Community NEB partners or a new city, region, or affiliated entity (not coming from the EIT Community NEB). Entities established in the United Kingdom are eligible to participate and receive an EIT Community Funding allocation.

Applications from RIS countries are positively encouraged. Please check Sections 2.1 and 4.1 of the Call Manual document for further eligibility information.


Supported activities

All submitted proposals are expected to deliver a high-quality scale-up or replicability based on the previous projects’ achievements. In terms of scale-up strategy, the expected outcome targets are as follows:

  • Outcome A: Increasing, amplifying or consolidating the project’s impact in the same location with a more holistic approach.
  • Outcome B: Increasing, amplifying or consolidating the project’s impact beyond the former site at a new location (e.g. neighbourhood/district/town/city/region, etc.) by replicating/transferring the activities in/to a new location).

In addition, the grants shall be awarded for the implementation of at least one of the expected outputs of products and services (including rapid product prototypes), co-design of the public realm, and social activation and educational activities aiming to respond to the New European Bauhaus challenges.


EIT funding allocation

The funding rate is 80% up to 40.000€ for each project, leaving the remaining 20% to be co-funded by the consortium.

Overall 8 selected projects (ideally minimum 1 proposal per EIT Community NEB Challenge) can be implemented in 8 regions/cities located in the European Union Member States or Horizon Europe Associated Countries from June 2024 to December 2024.


Call info session and Matchmaking event

On 19th March 2024 at 10:00 CET Online

Proposal submission form on Plaza