EIT Manufacturing Summit Days 2022 will take place on 16 & 17 November 2022.
The main focus this year will be on circular manufacturing for a more resilient European economy. The topic will be staged as two roundtable involving experts in discussions of how the current energy crisis in Europe can accelerate changes that improve the efficiency and decarbonisation of manufacturing.
The discussion on Roundtable 1. “Building innovation and skills to optimise energy consumption during the manufacturing processes” will involve the following speakers:
- Dr. Kosmas Alexopoulos – Laboratory for Manufacturing Systems & Automation (LMS), University of Patras
- Dr. Paola Fantini – Education Director / EIT Manufacturing
- Mr. Martin Mühlbacher – VP Jenbacher Operations & Executive Site Leader / INNIO
- Mr. Bruno Puzzolante – Senior Project Manager & Coordinator of the Smart Industry Solution Unit / Cefriel
- Mr. Bastian Thiede – Team Leader “Learning Factory for Digital and Sustainable Production” / TU Braunschweig
“Circular economy and energy sourcing: Collaboration & new partnerships across value chain” will be the title of Roundtable 2. with:
- Dr. António Henrique Almeida – Business Development Manager / INESC TEC
- Dr. Blanca Chocarro – XKIC Project Manager / EIT Manufacturing
- Dr. Igor Kovač -Acting Director of SRIP FoF, Councillor / Jožef Stefan Institute
- Mr. Ionut Tata – Founder & CEO / Iceberg Plus
On 17 November, the programme will see the Grand Finals of EIT Manufacturing two outstanding initiatives, RIS LEADERS and Teaching Factories Finals:
- RIS Leaders Grand Final, 10:00-12:00 CET: Selected women innovators present their manufacturing solutions, which have strong financial, environmental and societal impacts.
- Teaching Factories Final Event & Award Ceremony, 13:30-15:00 CET: Selected Solver Teams present their manufacturing innovations to a jury of experts in a competitive pitching session.
In addition, during both Summit Days, EIT Manufacturing 2022 activities will be presenting their results and insights in virtual breakout rooms (BO):
- BO1 – People and Robots for Sustainable Work + Human-machine co-working for socially sustainable manufacturing + Platforms for Digitalized Value Networks
- BO2 – Waste-Free Manufacturing for a Circular Economy+ Low environmental footprint systems & circular economy for Green manufacturing + Additive Manufacturing for Full Flexibility
- BO3 – Digital & collaborative solutions for innovative manufacturing ecosystems
- BO4 – Flexible Production systems for competitive manufacturing
Would you like to be part of a conversation about energy consumption optimisation in manufacturing and building value chain partnerships for the circular economy?
Join us for EIT Manufacturing Summit Day 2022 on 16 and 17 November!